Hair loss in men and women can cause many psychological problems including stress, low self-esteem and even depression. Now, advances in medicine have shown there are steps you can take to slow the signs of hair loss and even improve the health of your scalp. Below are a few tips to consider:
1. Take care of your hair – make sure that your scalp and hair are always clean. Dirt has the ability to clog follicles. Shampoo 2-3 times per week and condition daily. Also, be careful about overly heating and drying your hair. This process can weaken hair proteins and may lead to brittleness or hair breaking.
2. Control your stress – Stress has the ability to weaken all aspects of your body and hair is no exception. Ensure that you are getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
3. Follow a proper diet – Fried foods or foods that are high in cholesterol may cause an increase in DHT levels which ultimately may increase hair loss. Remember, a healthy body is more likely to result in healthy hair. Having fruits and vegetables may slow down the signs of hair loss. Aim at consuming a diet full of iron, protein, omega 3 fatty acids, zinc and vitamin c.
4. Consider treatments – Your first line of defense should be an accurate evaluation. Laser hair therapy has shown to increase the volume and health of hair.
5. Consider Hair Restoration Surgery – Not everyone is a candidate for Hair Transplants. It is necessary to be evaluated to determine if sufficient donor hair is available and if you are a good candidate for the procedure. Hair Restoration Surgery simply takes the hair from the back or sides of your head, which are genetically pre-determined not to fall out, and transplants them to where you are losing your hair. The result is new hair growth, which continues to grow for the rest of your life!
Thankfully, there are ways that may help further prevent hair loss and even restore your hair! At New Image Hair Clinic, you matter. How you feel about your hair loss and making the right choice to solve it matters. We encourage you to take the time and review your options. Then come in for a no cost, no obligation private hair loss consultation.